September 3, 2026

 September 3, 2026

Well, I will say that the MTC in person so far has been a very great experience even if its only been about a day. I've got to meet all of my district in person which was fantastic because ever since Covid I've hated Zoom meetings. 

I got to meet my companion Elder Jensen who is from Aliso Viejo, California and is big into photography and not a whole lot in sports. However he is a great companion and makes me laugh from time to time. 

So far during my time at the MTC which has been less than a day, I have been taught bunch of great lessons which have inspired me to be better, but one really stood out to me. As we met with the MTC Presidency, they showed all of us new missionaries a video from when David A. Bednar was there. He talked about how as a missionary it's not about you, it's about those around you and serving the Lord. 

That hit me different because for a while I wanted to serve a mission because I felt like I wanted to get something out of it that can change me for the better, this video from Elder Bednar taught me to go about it differently. I need to focus on helping and sharing the gospel with those around me because they are the ones that need it, it's not about me, it's about the Lord and the people he causes to come into my life. 

The quote that stuck with me from that meeting was, "Jesus Christ always looked outward, never inward." I think that as all of us go about our days we think oh I need this for me, my friends are doing this I need to as well. The problem in those sayings is the word I. We need to get past ourselves because while we always want things for ourselves, it's never about you. It's about what you can do to help others like Jesus Christ did. 

I know that after that meeting it has helped me to feel the spirit even more around the MTC even when my district might be goofing off. When I might begin to start thinking about what I want, I tell myself it's not about me, it's about doing the Lords work and helping and inviting others to come closer to Christ.

The MTC is a fantastic and fun experience and I'd highly recommend serving a mission, this is one of the best decisions I have ever made, and while it might be scary to put 2 years aside just remember, the Lord will have your back because you are doing important work He has for you.

It's been fun so far, and I hope to write sooner than later. However I can't make any promises. Also I apologize for the lack of pictures, this phone has been incredibly hard to set up so bare with me, hopefully I figure it out for next time.

Elder Fish













Comments